I am happy to report that Bonnie is already almost well. Mostly, she is not allowed to graze much, and she eats low-carb food. Thankfully, founder (laminitis) research has come up with some great new approaches. TheHorse.com put together a report on this fall’s fifth International Conference on Laminitis and Diseases of the Foot. Read these stories now, so you'll know how to avoid founder and what to do if it strikes.
- Rehabilitating Chronically Laminitic Feet
- Venograms Can Catch Laminitis Early
- Preventing Laminitis in At-Risk Horses
- Chronic Laminitis Can Increase Risk of Foot Infection
- Understanding Nutritional Risks in Laminitic Horses
- Applying Laminitis Research to Clinical Practice
- Using Force Measurements to Help Shoe Laminitic Horses